- July 22, 2019 Update on Building Project (July’s update) Your building committee (Bob Keith, John Foreman, Becky Gentry, Susan Ritchie, and Roger Johnson) is feeling quite joyous and grateful. One of the several gates we have to pass through on our building expansion process is the Orange Township Zoning Board. They have a stricture that you cannot expand a non-conforming building more than 50% on less than five acres of land. We are “non-conforming” because, in part, the church building is too close to our east property line. They have given us a variance for that in the past since the church was originally built in 1865 before there were zoning codes. And our, building design would expanding or building 150% and this on only about three acres of land. Rather than approve another variance, the Township Zoning Board suggested we ask Del-Co Water, ...
- Building Committee (fellowship hall) 1:30 PM December 12, 2019
- Game Night (Fellowship Hall) 6:30 PM December 13, 2019
- Worship Committee 11:45 AM December 15, 2019
- Language Class (Nielsen House, Downstairs) 12:30 PM December 15, 2019
- Brown Bag Book Club 12:00 PM December 17, 2019
- Board of Trustees Meeting 7:00 PM December 17, 2019
- Building Committee (fellowship hall) 1:30 PM December 19, 2019
- Women's Group (second story, Nielsen House) 11:45 AM December 22, 2019
Jeff Turner NUUC Board Member
After many years of complacency with traditional religion I began a search for a congregation that would advance my spiritual journey in a supportive environment. At North Unitarian Universalist Congregation I have found a place where different religious backgrounds, life experiences and talents come together. I now feel I am where I should be, my only regret is I didn’t start that search sooner.
They believe in me–my holiness, my truth, and my life–so much, so freely, and so kindly! It is life-giving. I can’t help but to return, and share.